Hope is Coming

I read this book by Louise Blyth a few weeks back but it was such a rollercoaster ride that I didn't feel ready to write about it until now. It was one that I had to keep putting down (hard to read through tears) rather than not being able to put down. But that's a compliment to the emotional power of Louise's words as she tells her story of grief and gratitude. Such an amazing testimony to how God worked in her life, and is still working in her life.

The husband and I were watching Songs of Praise about a month or so ago and I caught an interview between Louise and Aled Jones. I was mesmerised by her story - albeit it only a few minutes - and even Aled had tears in his eyes! I immediately got onto one of the besties who happens to be the best personal shopper (#canaanchristianministries). "You need to get me this book!" It was hand-delivered to me just a couple of days later (a far nicer service than you'll ever get from Amazon!). 

It took me just over a day to read and it is truly beautiful. Gut-wrenchingly sad and tragic, but a true example of God's shining light. 

I'm not going to tell you what it's about because my blog isn't designed to review books. I want to write to show myself, in a year's time, how much I have grown in my faith. I have this very real feeling that the husband will die before me, and that my world will be completely and utterly rocked. I read lots and lots of books about how people have leant on their faith in times of challenge, and I read these as preparation. My Rock will get me through when my human rock leaves this world. I prepare myself because I know that suffering will hit us both at some point. I want my faith to be at its strongest when that happens because I will need it to get through. The husband thinks I'm morbid; I think I'm sensible. 

I have never met Louise Blyth and I doubt that I ever will. But I left her a message on her Facebook page and got a lovely reply. She's a real person who has a real faith after experiencing a real God. 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog